Wednesday, February 22, 2012

you tell me

This past weekend, I had the pleasure of attending a wedding shower for friends Mary Logan and David. The shower was given by the groom's good family friends. While Mary Logan is one of my besties and I am so honored to be a bridesmaid, I have actually known the groom longer. David and I grew up around the corner from each other. So at this celebration for the two, I knew several of the hosts. After I introduced myself and said that I was Jo Ann and Tom's daughter, the host said that it was very clear that I was my parent's child. I hear this a lot. I look like both and love that there is a part of my parents in me. But this got me to thinking about Henry. Of course, when he was first born, we all looked for distinct traits but with newborns it can be hard to tell.  I am not sure how old Kyle and I are in the photographs but we look young. So who do you think Henry looks like?


Baby Kyle with his mom aka DeeDee


Me with my mom aka Jojo


Me and Henry
Selfishly I chose a picture where I look better. Henry is much cuter than this picture depicts. And it has been a couple of weeks since this picture which reminds me I am way overdue on some thank you notes.....

Pretty hard to say at this time. I know Henry has a couple of my traits - slightly cleft chin and Lambert ears. The ears must have been a recessive gene because I don't have them but my mom and my brother do. Henry's traits from Kyle? His lips for sure and hopefully his eye color. Henry, if you end up with your mom's brown eyes, you will be just as handsome as if you had your dad's hazel eyes.  Your mom just has a thing for dark hair and light eyes, I mean after all, I did fall for your dad. 

As Toppy (my dad) said "Henry looks like himself". The future will tell us if he favors his mom or dad.


No comments:

Post a Comment