Tuesday, February 21, 2012

love

While I was pregnant with Henry, I remembered asking my mom "What if my baby is ugly?"  I know, what an amazingly terrible question to ask.  Of course, my mom looked at me as if I was crazy.  In my head, I was worried over how our features would come together. Who would this baby favor? Would I make an ugly child?  Yes, this is a serious case of vanity. Can I blame it on pregnancy brain?  Probably not.

Needless to say out came our child and it was love at first sight. Look at this child that we created, we could not love Henry anymore.  The immediate rush of intense love was amazing. Between the epidural and this super high of love for our child had me instantly wanting more children.  I looked at Kyle and said I can't wait to have more.  I cannot wait for Henry to have brothers and sisters.  Thankfully, Kyle looked at me and completely understood and agreed. Love of your child is an amazing experience and we are so fortunate to have Henry is our lives. People think I am a little nutty when I say that I wanted another kid twenty minutes after Henry was born but then again, I missed the pain of delivery due to my c-section. Although if you had asked me 12 hours later when I had to get on my feet for the first time, more children might not have been my first thought....  

So my petty fears of an attractive child were truly silly.  Henry is perfect and we think he just a little "gerber" baby. So this year for Valentine's day, we stayed at home and played with our child. And even though Henry was extremely fussy all Valentine's day, I would not have changed it for the world. 

So Happy (very late) Valentine's Day!


please note: future children are desired. That is exactly it, they are desired for the future. Meaning not anytime soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment