Friday, February 24, 2012

friday nights



I have just put Henry down for the night and I am thinking about how much my life has changed. You know you are a mom when you are just happy that your child has pooped. Yes, I went there but blogging is not pretending life is all roses and puppy kisses. Sometimes you are just happy that your child has pooped.

Between constipation and acid reflux, Henry has not been the happiest of campers the past couple of days. Yes, please forgive me, I am going on about Henry's day and it does involve talking about his bowel movements. (This blog is more for me than it is for you)  The nurse recommended to try a juice/water mix. (I am sure moms out there are like duh! but this is all new to me) First we tried white grape juice and water. I wish I could have photographed his faces. Henry does not like white grape juice, well at least not at this point.  So round 2, apple juice and water. After a couple questioning sucks from the bottle, the apple juice mixture was down the hatch. Our son likes apple juice.

So back to Friday nights. Tonight we all were supposed to go to a birthday party for a friend. Henry and I didn't make it. We tried to but I had planned too much and then Henry had a rough bout of acid reflux. But we did it to the Atlanta Multiples Children Consignment Sale. (go Aunt Tina for an incredible consignment sale). Henry will be rocking a new(to him) preppy wardrobe.

This was my Friday night, attending a consignment sale with my mom and Henry.  Yes, Friday nights have changed. Yes, I am thankfully that my son likes apple juice and the resultant effect.  Yes, our lives have changed but the two hour cuddle party we had today was just about perfection.  Sorry that we missed celebrating with our friends but please know one day, we will all make it to a party although probably not on time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment