So my first week of work is over, well hopefully. For those who don't know, an average week for an architect is closer to 50 to 60 hours a week than 40 hours. No one said this was going to be easy, not that I am complaining. Back after week one, I am feeling pretty good, well actually really good. On my first day back, I got my final email from Ruth Reece at the Georgia Secretary of State. Like every other intern architect post an exam, you check your email religiously, waiting for that letter to confirm whether you have passed or not. So on my first day back at work, I got the email. I received my final email from Ruth, I had just passed the seventh exam. I am officially a registered architect. So it was hard to be upset about leaving Henry when I was proving to myself that I can be successful as a mom and as a professional. Henry has been my study buddy through out this examination procedure, he even went with me for the first four exams (in utero).
So I have just finished my first week of work and owe a couple of thank yous. Thank you to my in-laws, Debbie and Duane and Uncle Mike for watching Henry on Monday. I know y'all had a busy day but it was comforting to have Henry with family my first day back at work. Thank you to my husband, who has put up with some serious craziness the past few weeks. Thank you to our new nanny, Talia, who keeps me well informed throughout the day with videos, texts, and photographs. I mean what did people do before the days of smart phones! Thank you to Henry, who is acclimating to all these changes.
And speaking of changes....Look who can hold up his own bottle. Well after half of it is gone. This photograph is one of many from Talia. I'll spare you the ones of Henry's dirty diaper.... Yes, dirty diaper. You know you are a mom when you are excited about a picture of a dirty diaper. Constipation is a serious matter.
No comments:
Post a Comment