As I have mentioned before, we are lucky to live in a city with so much of our family. Well mainly my side, but Kyle does have some relatives in SC, so that's not too far away. This past Sunday, Henry got to meet his Great-Grandmother Charlee for the first time. Yes, I realize that I am a slacker granddaughter who is just now introducing her son to her grandmother. Well things have been a little crazy. On the day Henry and I were checking out of Piedmont, grandma Charlee was checking in due to a fall. So after months of rehab, Grandma Charlee is back at home and walking around with the help of a cane or walker. In addition to introducing Henry to grandma, Henry also got to meet my cousin Courtney and her son Mitchell. When you have a baby around Christmas, you just seem to miss some of the holiday events and therefore missing out on family. We had a nice quiet afternoon with Grandma, JoJo, LaLa (my aunt/namesake), LaLa's daugher Courtney, and Courtney's son Mitchell. We spent a few hours sitting on the front porch watching Mitchell play. It was so fun to see Mitchell play with the dandelions, blowing the seeds for the first time. Dandelions are a little hard to find in NYC. So here are a few pictures of our afternoon of grandmothers, mothers, daughter, and now sons.

Henry with his great-grandmother Charlee
Grandma, LaLa, Courtney, Mitchell
Henry(it got a little warm...), me, Grandma, JoJo
Mitchell and the dandelions!!!
Cousins with sons plus Grandma
Mitchell playing with the dandelions. I have happy memories of playing in this front yard and it is nice to see another generation do the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment