Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Bottle Aversion

please note that in this picture he is drinking apple juice, which to clarify he no longer likes. 


As y'all may or may not know, I am returning to my job in less than a week. So I have been soaking in the beautiful weather and making the most of these last precious days. Don't get me wrong, I am excited to return to work but to be honest, I love Henry and cannot believe we won't be together all the time.

So as I prepare to go back to work, I realize that Henry really should be using a bottle for feedings.  The first month of Henry's existence, we stuck to the rigor of using a bottle at least once a day. But after a month or so, it just start to become so much of an effort and a waste of time.  Pump then feed Henry with a bottle? It is just easier and quicker to do it the way God intended. Plus, nursing allows that special bonding time for me and Henry.

So Henry is back on the bottle after a lot of work. Two weeks before I am supposed to go back to work, Henry is refusing to take a bottle.  It was like we were trying to feed him lemon juice or something horrific.  It has been quite the battle to say the least. We did it all. Tested out different temperatures, different bottles, different locations.

With Gerbers baby essential bottles and in his vibro-chair, Henry has started to take the bottle. He is doing great which is such a relief. I cannot imagine being back at work and knowing that my son was crying all day due to hunger. He does take a bottle now but I know he prefers to nurse. Heck, I prefer it too.


so back to work on Monday.  Thankfully it looks like I am going to be swamped so I have no time to have a pity party. Now I just need to find the office lactation room....

No comments:

Post a Comment