We welcomed Henry into this world on 12-12-2011 at 4:47PM. Because Henry was breech, I had to have a c-section. So the whole thing was rather planned and actually suited my type A personality. Although we did not know the sex of the baby until he was born, it was no surprise that Henry was a boy. In private, Kyle and I had always called the baby bump Henry (occasionally Hank). Kyle was determined to have a boy and well, he got his Christmas wish. As for me, I was just happy having a healthy baby.
So Henry came into our world and we both could not be more in love. Of course, we think our child is absolutely amazing and we like to brag about how great he is at nursing, at sleeping (I think (2) 3.5 hr shifts at night is pretty great), and about how strong his neck already is. I mean he will be crawling in months, just kidding, we are just typical proud parents. Although, to Henry's credit, my mom, Jojo, likes to remind me that I have a good first baby. Henry is great and our support system is amazing. We are so fortunate to have all of our immediate family around us. Even with the craziness of the holiday season, our parents have made multiple trips to see us, bring food, see and play with Henry. I mean, my father-in-law has even helped us with some minor household repairs.
Enough writing and now to the good stuff. Pictures of Henry!! This first post might have one too many but it has been a great first two weeks or so. Well minus Christmas events, those pictures will come soon.
So pre-c-section shot, my belly button never became an outie.
It's a boy! Henry's First Picture, well beside the ultrasounds....
7 lb, 3oz!
First picture of me and Henry
Henry with Toppy and me
the Smith men, Dad, Henry and Granddad
Smith Family 3
Henry with his mom and his Jojo
Me and Henry about to leave the hospital, please note the adorable sweet pea hat.
Wait, did they really let us go home with him? Do we have enough blankets? We need hats! We need burp cloths!
DeeDee and Henry just relaxing
Henry with Aunt Erin and Uncle Coop (btw thanks for the yummy food!)
Snoozing on my boppy.
Jojo and Henry
No comments:
Post a Comment